“CATS Blender Plugin: Powering 3D Modelling, Animation and Game Development in the Blender Ecosystem CATS Blender Plugin”, a robust tool meticulously designed for the Blender software ecosystem. This plugin is meticulously designed to handle the intricacies of 3D model manipulation, with a focus on character models, allowing for seamless animation and game development.
The “CATS Blender Plugin” offers a versatile range of functionalities, allowing users to seamlessly import 3D models of various formats into the Blender environment. From streamlining complex structures to refining skeletal frameworks and weight distributions, this plugin gives creators the ability to delve into animation production and undertake transformative endeavours. For professionals immersed in character modelling and game development, this tool is indispensable. In this article, we embark on a comprehensive exploration of the multifaceted capabilities of the “CATS Blender Plugin”. From addressing common issues to delving into advanced troubleshooting methodologies, we will provide you with the knowledge you need to unlock the full potential of this plugin.
Whether you are a seasoned 3D virtuoso or an aspiring game developer, this article is your ultimate resource for unlocking the power of the CATS Blender Plugin. Unleash the power of the CATS Blender Plugin” to take your 3D modelling, animation and game development projects to new heights.
Converting MMD Models to FBX Using the CATS Blender Plugin and Importing to UnityIn the realm of game development, the task of transferring various models from one software to another is a common undertaking. This article provides a guide on how to utilize the CATS Blender Plugin in Blender to convert MMD (MikuMikuDance) models to the FBX format and subsequently import them into the Unity engine for further development and utilization.
Step 1: Downloading the CATS Plugin and MMD ModelsFirstly, you need to download the CATS Plugin and the MMD model you wish to convert. You can find the CATS Plugin at the following link: https://github.com/absolute-quantum/cats-blender-plugin. Make sure to download a version of the plugin that is compatible with your version of Blender.Similarly, you’ll need to acquire the MMD model. “Moziwu” (https://www.aplaybox.com/) is a common resource site where you can find many officially released models. In this article, we’ll be using a model from “San Qī” as an example.
Step 2: Converting MMD Models to FBX
- Open Blender and import the CATS Plugin.
- Select the CATS option and click “Import Model.” Choose the downloaded MMD model file (.pmx format).
- After import, choose the “Shading” option and wait for the colored preview of the model to render.
- Switch to the Modeling workspace, select all options under “Translate,” then click “Separate by Material.”
- Finally, click “Fix Model” to perform model fixes and ensure correct material assignment.
Once these steps are completed, your MMD model is ready to be exported in the FBX format.Step 3: Importing to the Unity Engine
- Place the exported FBX file and associated textures into a folder for ease of import into Unity.
- Open Unity and drag the folder into your project’s assets.
- You can directly drag the FBX file into the scene, but due to shader settings, the model might appear unusual. As a workaround, you can initially simulate it using the “unlit texture” shader.
- If you intend to achieve a two-dimensional effect, you can utilize the “ExtractMaterials” feature to extract materials.
- Create a “Materials” folder and create new materials for the extracted ones, selecting “unlit/Texture” as the shader.
By following these steps, you’ve successfully converted an MMD model from Blender to the FBX format and imported it into the Unity engine. Please note that different models and scenes might require adjustments to fit your specific project’s needs. This article aims to assist you in easing the process of model conversion and game development.
Cats Blender Plugin (0.19.0)
Cats Blender Plugin (0.19.0). A tool designed to shorten steps needed to import and optimize models into VRChat. Compatible models are: MMD, XNALara, …
The blender cats plug-in isn’t working for blender 3.5 and I …
Personally I’ve been downloading eg blender-3.2.2-windows-x64.zip and extracting to a directory. Their discord suggests downloading the …
Some Blender Plugins (Notably CATS) Not Working since
Trying to export this model using CATS on Blender, but I keep ..
Cats Blender Plugin 0.18.0 released! : r/VRchat – Reddit
No mesh found in cats blender plugin : r/blenderhelp – Reddit
Cats Blender Plugin
A tool designed to shorten steps needed to import and optimize models into VRChat. Compatible models are: MMD, XNALara, Mixamo, Source Engine, Unreal Engine …
GiveMeAllYourCats | creating Cats Blender Plugin
GiveMeAllYourCats. 25 members; 2 posts; $157.3/month. creating Cats Blender Plugin. Become a patron. Home · About. Choose your membership. Recommended.